Tuesday, October 10
8 am - 12 pm - Pre-credentialing Class with Greg Strand
9:30 - 10 am - EDA Board Meeting
11 am - 12 pm - Pre-conference Prayer Meeting
11:30 am - Registration / Check-In opens
1:30 - 3 pm - Session 1: WE ARE LEADERS
- Leaders Need Leaders - Joe Henseler Our growth as leaders requires us staying connected with other leaders.
- Connecting Generations - Josh Ott Our long-term Gospel impact as leaders requires us reaching across generational lines.
3 - 3:30 pm - Meet our Ministry Partners
Some of our ministry partners will host brief informational sessions throughout the commons area. A list of partners and locations for presentations will be provided at conference.
3:30 - 5 pm - Breakout Session #1 Please note: each breakout will repeat on Wednesday with the exception of Women in Ministry.
Clear, Caring, and Courageous Leadership - Joe Henseler (Senior Pastor, Faith Church): Effective tools to lead the church in an ever-changing world.
- Effectively Leading Children's Ministry - Faith Church Team: Ministry objectives, best practices and up-to-date resources for providing life-changing kids ministry.
- Spanish Ministry Leadership - Carlos Belza (Director of EDA Hispanic Ministries): How to minister Gospel truth to the Spanish speaking neighbors God is sending our way.
- The Evolving Role and Needs of Women in Ministry - A panel discussion with Becky Kompelien and EDA Ministry Leaders (both men and women) based on scriptural truth, a changing culture and the deep conviction that we can grow in how we minister to and with the women of the EFC.
- EFCA Finance & Business Help (There's more than you think!) - Paul Anderson (President of Christian Investors Foundation): Our EFCA ministry partners (CIF and FCMM) are here to help with some important foundational concerns, such as building campaigns or guiding financial principles, or with more routine needs like payroll, bookkeeping and retirement.
- Student Ministry / Next Generation Leaders - David Boerema (EFCA / Apex Missionary): Come see how our EFCA leaders are constantly at work to help local church student ministries thrive in reaching and ministering to today’s youth.
- Life on Mission - Mike Jarrel (Creo East Director/Pastor of Narrow Road Communities): Learn more about how to empower and equip your entire community to live on the mission of Jesus.
5 - 6 pm - Break for Hotel Check-In
6 - 7 pm - Dinner at Faith Church
7 - 8:45 pm - Session 2: WE ARE PARTNERS
- Walking and Working Together - Eddie Cole The most effective way to lead our people is through shared experience.
- The Gospel for Everyone - Michael Martin While many don't believe, they should see the Gospel's impact in our lives.
Wednesday, October 11
8:45 - 10:05 am - Session 3: WE ARE UNITED
- Together in Ministry - Jessica Cole Addressing the church's attitude toward women in ministry and how women have been, can and should be vital to the work of the kingdom.
- One EFCA - EFCA President Kevin Kompelien A vision for the future of EFCA.
10:05 - 10:15 am - Break
10:15 - 11 am - EFCA Panel Discussion: EFCA National & District Leaders
11:10 - 12:30 pm Breakout Session #2 Same as breakout session #1 except for the following:
- What Women Want which will address topics such as:
- How can we add the mission of building relationships with unchurched women to our busy schedules?
- How do we not ignore one generation while trying hard to reach the other?
- How can we encourage and strengthen one another?
- What does the local church women's ministry need that the district or national office could help with?
12:30 - 2:30 pm - Working Lunch
- Business Meeting will begin at 1:30 pm.
- Ministry reports and the proposed 2017-18 budget and nominations will be mailed out a month before the conference allowing time to discuss by either phone, video or at the conference with EDA staff / board members.
- We will close with prayer and worship.